Sunday, August 26, 2018

Happy Macro Monday!

Some weeks I participate in a Flickr group called Macro Mondays. Macro is my favorite type of photography and I need to get back to trying to do this challenge on a weekly basis.

I enjoyed this week's theme; defining beauty. Not only did we have to submit a photo of beauty but had to include a quote that included the words beauty or beautiful.

I love taking photos of flowers that are past their prime and showing their beauty so that's what I had intended to do. I went out at dusk and picked a few flowers to bring in and play with.

Here's what I got:
Getting ready

I originally planned on submitting this one...
"There is no real beauty without some slight imperfection" -James Salter



"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." Confucius
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." Confucius

"By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower." -Rabindranath Tagore

Here's the one I submitted for the challenge.
"Find beauty not only in the thing itself but in the pattern of shadows,
the light and dark which that thing provides."- Junichiro Tanizaki


Here's what I wrote about the photo on flickr: 

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." Confucius

As I was photographing a dried coneflower this earwig crawled out! Luckily it wasn't too active. I have to admit I have a hard time finding beauty in it. However, if I look at it thinking of this quote: 

"Find beauty not only in the thing itself but in the pattern of shadows, the light and dark which that thing provides."- Junichiro Tanizaki

 I can see beauty in the details. 

When I started this project I was simply photographing flowers past their prime because it's something I enjoy doing. I certainly had not planned on this being my shot but decided to go with it. 

I enjoyed the added challenge of having to match a quote with a photo.

Enjoy your Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment