Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Healthy Update #2

Well...the whole meditation thing is not going well. But I have used a technique from the book when I feel anxious so that's a plus. I think I may buy the book so I can look back at it and try to  become consistent.

My Facebook fitness lady friends are back with a new group. This time they're encouraging members to try out Beachbody's LIIFT4 program or just move 4 days a week plus work on water consumption and healthy eating choices. No pressure, just encouragement and reminders. I was skeptical about LIIFT4. The preview looked way too hard when I watched it over the summer. But I decided to give it a try. I'm a weakling so I'm starting with light weights and I'll work my way up. The cardio parts had modifications that were perfect for me since I'm not suppose to run or jump. Two days down and yes even with light weights my arms are a bit sore. I'm also trying to work in some yoga so I did that right after the workout today. I know weight bearing exercises are good for me especially since I have osteopenia. It's an eight week program. I've never completed a whole Beachbody program before. Will this be a first?? We shall see!

Typically every summer I run into some problems with feeling lightheaded when I bike and I know it's related to a drop in blood pressure. Once the school year begins that feeling is long gone lol. But since I'm retired I started keeping track of my blood pressure on a regular basis and sure enough exercise caused a drop that made me light headed and a couple times I though I might pass out. So...now I'm off one of my high blood pressure meds, woo hoo! So I know I have to keep exercising regularly to keep off of it and I'm hoping that maybe some day I'll get off the other one as well. Fingers crossed.

I'm hoping my Haiku a Day project counts towards keeping my brain active-for now it should since I'm reading haikus and blogs about writing them.




No comments:

Post a Comment