Sunday, January 6, 2019

Dogwood Photography Challenge Week 1 Self Portrait without Showing Your Face


I'm going to try a new photo challenge this year; The Official Dogwood Photography Challenge. 
Week 1-Self Portrait Without Showing Your Face

Here is my description:
Week 1 Self Portrait 


I decided to shoot a collection of items that represent me.

The bike shoes represent my goal for this year-increasing the number of rides I participate in, since I recently retired from over 30 years of teaching. So far I have 10 rides planned. 5 of them are near and dear to my heart-The Ride for Missing Children-the main one being in my home town the other four spread out across NY. That leads into the photo card. For my fundraising the past two years I have sold cards with my photos on them. My most popular cards are the ones picturing snowflakes. This in turn leads to my macro lens-my absolute favorite lens. The snowflake card and the snowman show my love of winter as well as my occasional crafty side. The dried flower represents my love of gardening as well as my quest to find beauty in objects past their prime. I’ve been married for 38 years and all but just a few of of those years we’ve had a Springer Spaniel in our home. I love kid’s books and did well to only bring home a 100 or so of the thousands that I had bought for my classroom. I particularly love books that feature photography. And finally, I collect vintage cameras and flower frogs oh and old suitcases.

I’m looking forward to the challenges this year and the growth I’m sure I’ll experience. I’m already wowed by a few of the photos I peaked at.



No comments:

Post a Comment